Menu
Big8yearold
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 password

Hi.

I have managed to change my router password.....and forgotten what I changed it to. 

I have read that I can use a pin/pen to press the reset button and that should sort the issue. 

My question is will it reset all the settings. As in all devices that were on the network will be deleted and have to re-connect etc. Or does this pin process just reset my password back to the default on the label?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 password

Hi, it will change all settings back to default.  As long as SSID and password is the same as the default one, all your devices will automatically connect 

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The pin reverts everything on the Hub to default, password, WiFi passwords, WiFi SSID, settings etc. They should automatically reconnect if you're using the default WiFi network name and password.  

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Big8yearold 

Always worth using the backup settings option in the Hub GUI so that if you do have to use the factory reset option you can easily restore your settings from the backup file.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks