Menu
SOLARISKI
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 meltdown

Ive only had the hub 3.0 for a few months and all was well, itsset up in router mode with a mesh wireless system running off an ethernet port. It has been a dream! Until a week or so ago 😞

then all the old problems started to resurface, ie the wifi and router resetting of its own accord, erratic and problematic since my wife requires a reliable internet connection to work.

Ive tried logging into the hub and LO and Behold the saved psswd is no longer recognised !!

so this am I decided to do a hard reset to default values and start again, however Im still locked out. the default login is not recognised and the user configurations are still visible.

I desperately need to be able to login and I dont know how.

reset button for 20 secs and a restart and still my user configs are visible.

logs show alot of "Critical"

Please help

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 meltdown

hold the reset button for longer - 30sec minimum - some say up to a minute

post all the levels

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony
0 Kudos
SOLARISKI
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK sorry its taken a long time, but whilst everything is currently working tickity boo my Hub3 still refuses to accept either my saved psswd or the default factory password after a hard reset. 

0 Kudos
SOLARISKI
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub3

Back in August 2020 my almost new Hub3 went and had an epileptic seizure, lights of all colours flashing, network resets, dropouts etc. As part of the turn off and reboot I eventually resorted to a Hard Rest to factory settings.

Now all my custom configs re SSID and WiFi passwords are still valid but I am now completely locked out of the Hub3 settings. It refuses to accept either the saved psswd or the factory default digital psswd.

Plse help, ta

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3

@SOLARISKI Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3

@SOLARISKI 

As previously advised it would appear that you haven't actually managed to perform the full factory reset of the Hub.

I believe that the process is quite tricky and needs the reset button to be depressed for at least 30 seconds.  Following that it will take the Hub at least 15 minutes to fully reboot, even longer if there is a firmware update to process as is happening currently.

Also be sure once you are back online to use the numeric passcode printed on the Hub to access the settings pages.  A surprising number of people try the WiFi password at this stage.

Another tip is to use the backup facility once you have reset all your preferred options so that if you have to go through the factory reset process again you can easily restore your own settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello SOLARISKI

Thanks for your post 

I can see that you have been asked to do a pinhole reset 

Have you been able to do this yet?