Menu
mikedillon
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How to delete old virgin.net email account thats been hacked

I have tried to shut down this old email before without success.

The account has been hacked and I really need to delete it.

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to delete old virgin.net email account thats been hacked

Hi there @mikedillon

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your email address. 

Can you advise if you currently have active services with us?

If you do and the email address in question is your primary email address, we're not able to delete it or remove it I'm afraid. You can however reset the password. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

mikedillon
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Katie

Thanks for coming back so quickly.This is an old account going back to dial up . I have no other virgin services. 

I changed password in the pat but different leaks seem to bring problem back.Can it just be deleted?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the quick response 🙂 

If you no longer have an active account with us then we should be able to delete the email address without issues; this should have closed within around 90 days of you leaving us but some emails do remain active. 

I'll pop you a quick Private Message so I can take some details from you and pass security. Look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mikedillon
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie
0 Kudos
loz4
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I have the same problem. My text messages on my phone have been taken over by my old virgin.net account, that I wasn't able to delete. Please advise how I can delete this old account, it isn't my primary email, so I would just like to delete it asap to stop my phone sending my texts via virgin, as is suddenly happening.

0 Kudos
davidc888
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am trying to shut down my primary email account as it has been hacked and I have been receiving very nasty malicious emails threatening me with blackmail. I have forwarded these message to the National phishing government site as well as Virgin Security but I still feel very uneasy as they had used one of my old (out of date passwords).They then proceeded to send out spam mails from my account to my contacts !

Can you let me know what I can do .

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
davidc888
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks for replying. Yes I have active Broadband services and telephone services. The point is resetting the password wont stop them sending to my email address as they used an old password and not the current one. These were the worst emails I have ever had and we need to do something about the primary account which is flooded with 90% spam anyway.

Best wishes

David

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @davidc888

Welcome to our community and thanks for your first posts to us - as you have an active account with us still, we're not able to delete a primary email address I'm afraid. 

Changing the password to something more secure should assist with this if they are accessing your email account directly. 

If you are getting spam emails, you have done the correct thing by reporting them - you can also set up spam filters on your email.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
loz4
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I am part of this thread and would really appreciate some help in deleting my old virgin.net account, which has also been hacked. Please can you get in touch and help me,

thanks

Lesley

0 Kudos