Menu
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heads Up for free LastPass Users

Changes to LastPass Free: https://blog.lastpass.com/2021/02/changes-to-lastpass-free/

We’re making changes to how Free users access LastPass across device types. LastPass offers access across two device types – computers (including all browsers running on desktops and laptops) or mobile devices (including mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets). Starting March 16th, 2021, LastPass Free will only include access on unlimited devices of one type.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Heads Up for free LastPass Users

No such thing as “a free lunch”!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i have never understood why anyone would want to save all their passwords in a single app and rely on that for online security.  Seems to me it introduces a single point of weakness when the app credentials are cracked giving the miscreant access to every password held within it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

i have never understood why anyone would want to save all their passwords in a single app and rely on that for online security.  Seems to me it introduces a single point of weakness when the app credentials are cracked giving the miscreant access to every password held within it.

My thoughts too.  Particularly bank, gas, electric, water, telecoms, wifi lights, google, apple, social(?) media etc....  Convenience over security...

π 

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Beware of the free LastPass for Android version: https://www.theregister.com/2021/02/25/lastpass_android_trackers_found/

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.