Menu
jono6811
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Have I been scammed

Hi folks.

I recently indicated on the virgin website that I was interested in switching to one of their broadband packages. It stated that someone would call me back to discuss, and sure enough a few days later someone called although it was a private mobile number. The guy sounded very knowledgeable about the installation process and said he would pass on details about the package I am interested in. However he asked for some personal info including bank account details, as well as a password for gdpr purposes. I haven't received any further information since I discussed this yesterday am a bit paranoid about identify fraud. Tried to call virgin but haven't been able to talk to anyone. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have I been scammed

Hi, If you can PM me your contact details, i will get someone to contact you and look into this and hopefully sort package out as well

Regards

Rich

Tech ID 83406

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have I been scammed

Virgin Media do have a lot of agents currently working from home via mobile phones during this Covid crisis.

However, you are right to be cautious.  When the VM Forum Team reach this thread they should be able to advise further on your specific case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos