Menu
shaunkar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Has virgin media leaked all my passwords

Many of my passwords in apple iCloud Keychain are showing as leaked and compromised. Bearing in mind there are almost 100 passwords it is really awkward to go through changing them all. I’ve recently been hacked due to this or other leaks. Getting fed up now of constantly changing the passwords. I changed some just the other day only to find the are leaked again. Is virgin media responsible for leaking all my passwords? How can I find where the leak is happening?

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has virgin media leaked all my passwords

Why (and how) do you think VM has leaked your passwords?

0 Kudos
shaunkar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iCloud Keychain says these passwords have appeared in a data leak and should be changed. Virgin media is one I changed just a couple of days ago and that has been leaked again.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

your ISP can't read your keychain passwords.
If you are getting them leaked you might have spyware on the computer
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you might get more info here. https://haveibeenpwned.com/
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@shaunkar wrote:

Many of my passwords in apple iCloud Keychain are showing as leaked and compromised. Bearing in mind there are almost 100 passwords it is really awkward to go through changing them all. I’ve recently been hacked due to this or other leaks. Getting fed up now of constantly changing the passwords. I changed some just the other day only to find the are leaked again. Is virgin media responsible for leaking all my passwords? How can I find where the leak is happening?

Apple recently made changes to alert user if a Keychain password appeared in known data leaks; this does not necessarily mean the account is compromised but that it is less secure than it should be; i.e. vulnerable to Credential Stuffing. For example, if Carol's account with ACME Inc was in a known data leak and she used the password õEfK9û®¿Ø2à>qr&¤ then if I used that same password elsewhere I would see the warning.

It is concerning that your have so many passwords flagged, consider following the advice given here Creating Strong Passwords

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos