Menu
Kate768
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Harassing Phone Calls

For the past week I have been getting daily phone calls, yesterday I had people phoning me 13 times in the space of 5 hours!!! The callers claim to be from Virgin Media. Every time I block a number they phone on a different one. I have asked them to take me off their list, they don’t!! I am starting to get extremely irritated by this, it is now affecting my work and now losing me money!! Can anybody tag the relevant person into this please as I want to terminate my contract with Virgin Media!! 

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Harassing Phone Calls

Multiple phone calls from different caller ID numbers are not from Virgin Media. They are calls from scammers trying to defraud you via a fake tech support scam.

Read through this forum and 'Home phone' and you will find many others with the same problem.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, magpiemann and goslow

Sorry that you have been getting these calls, here are some ways at safeguarding against nuisance calls https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-calls  

If these calls are coming from Virgin Media, you can also update your marketing preferences available through your online account here, be sure to go to: Profile > My Preferences > Marketing Consent.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Kate768 wrote:

For the past week I have been getting daily phone calls, yesterday I had people phoning me 13 times in the space of 5 hours!!! The callers claim to be from Virgin Media. Every time I block a number they phone on a different one. I have asked them to take me off their list, they don’t!! I am starting to get extremely irritated by this, it is now affecting my work and now losing me money!! Can anybody tag the relevant person into this please as I want to terminate my contract with Virgin Media!! 

These are originating from scam call centres in India. The number allocations for all telephone providers are freely available on the internet, so as yours is allocated to Virgin they just assume you are a Virgin Customer. If you had a BT number they would ring up saying they were BT. We are all getting these calls periodically. Just hang up & do not converse with them or more calls will result. It is no use blocking the numbers, as these are either fake or cloned from users who are nothing to do with the scam.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

These scam calls are a nuisance. We have a call blocker phone which has reduced these calls to 0, genuine callers have to state their name & press hash key.
The Telephone Preference Service cannot block calls from overseas.