Menu
Mandz91
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hacking

I went to call my parents this morning as I do every morning and noticed a number that I didn't recognise, and had apparently dialled. It had a Belgium code according to the internet. The number is +32 7 969966365. Knowing I had not called it I immediately went to check my call log on my Virgin account to see what it was for and it is not even registered on my calling logs in my billing account.

Has someone hacked my phone or tried to hack it.? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacking

Hi Mandz91,

You can breathe a sigh of relief as you haven't been hacked, it's a fairly common problem on VM mobiles.

Ii usually happens with iphones, so if you have an iphone then please try the following.

Make sure Dial Assist is turned off then 

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

If you find "automatic" was selected by default then Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Mandz91
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacking

Thank you Dave, much appreciated.

Feel a lot better now.