Menu
Sachagordon
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hacked vigin account

Ive received about 4 emails from VM sayimg all my account details are changed. Password  security everything !! What do i do as i cant access my acount due to this

0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked vigin account

Hi,

Please report here.

Phishing emails
If you do receive a call or email of this nature, please do not provide the person who has contacted you with any personal or financial details. If you have received a phishing email purporting to be from Virgin Media, please forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
FrogCF
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Try these steps.

https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

If this don't allow you back in your account please contact Virgin Media.
Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or call
0345 454 1111 * from any other phone

Monday to Friday, 8am until 8pm
Saturday, 8am until 6pm

*For call costs to our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit Call costs page. Calls from other networks and mobile may vary.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

good advice given by frogcf

virgin do send a notice to your chosen contact email if a password or security question changes.

I f you can still log in, or recover the account best to change both password and security question to be secure.

not seen that type of phishing before.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sachagordon

Have you successfully accessed your account/emails since posting?  If the steps recommended by our fantastic community do not work, please get back to me and I will happily look into this for you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

profile-contact email address

It may be wise to have the profile "contact address" different to the virgin email address, just checked mine and noticed some of my virgin email accounts  have the contact address the same as the virgin email address so in the event of a "recovery" it could get locked out if access to virgin email impossible, so wise to use a third part email address not virgin but another email provider. In my case it was secondary addresses, not sure what virgin advise. However this would mean reading another email to get virgin notices like password change etc. but could also be forward to virgin email if required.

wonder what virgin advise?

I already was doing that with my primary email/virgin account as had set up an email log in different to primary email which is effectively a user name/email third party

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sachagordon

You seem to be in very good hands:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos