Menu
kosborne1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hacked old email address

Hi there, 

I have just been aware that an old VM email address that should have been closed down when I left VM 2.5 years ago has been sending out scam emails, can someone advise how to get it closed down properly

many thanks

Karl

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked old email address

@kosborne1 wrote:

can someone advise how to get it closed down properly

The Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange for that old email account to be deleted and that will resolve the hacker/spam problem. They my take a little while to pick up your post but they will then contact you via a private message and get the details. Don't post those details here.

Once they advise you that it has been deleted you can confirm that either by sending an email to that address and checking that you get a bounce back message or by entering the address here https://mailtester.com to see whether the account still exists on the VM email server.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked old email address

Hi Karl,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome back, I am sorry to hear your old email address has been compromised, I will be more than happy to help you get this deleted, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos