Menu
stevewinks
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hacked Email Account

Hi,

I have searched the threads and discovered that I have to post here and wait for the Virgin Media Team to contact me.

I have not been with Virgin Media for over a year but my Virgin Media email is now being used by someone else. I have started to get automated email replies from someone using my old email address. Obviously I no longer have access to that account to change the password so am not sure how to proceed. 

Please could someone help.

Many thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hacked Email Account

Hi Stevewinks, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry that you're having issues with an old email address, this isn't what we like to hear. 

We can certainly take a closer look into this and delete the email address, I'll just need to pop you a personal message first and grab some details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me help with this Steve. 

Any issues with this do pop back so we can ensure it's sorted. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
stevewinks
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I am still having issues with people using my email address - this time on ebay. 

Can you confirm that my email account has been closed so that it can no longer be used.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@stevewinks wrote:

Can you confirm that my email account has been closed so that it can no longer be used.

While waiting for a reply from Virgin Media you could try sending an email to your old address and seeing if you get a "Mail delivery failed : returned to sender" error message back.  If the account has been fully deleted you should get an error back within a few minutes of you sending the test email.

If you don't get an error message back that suggests the email address itself my still be live even though online access to it has been blocked. That sometimes happens when the full deletion process has not been actioned.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevewinks, 

I can see you've spoken with members with our team over the phone who have confirmed that's the case. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos