Menu
Lisha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Gumblar malware letter.

Received an email dated the 30th of December (that arrived today), regarding a device on our network is infected with malware. This malware was apparently detected on the 28th of December.

I've scanned all of our devices (laptop, desktop and 2 android phones) with Malwarebytes and done additional scans with Windows Defender, and they've come up clean. We're all on the latest version of Windows 10. I've also done a factory reset of our Hub 3. 

Would like more info about the situation if possible because this is alarming, can provide the ref number.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gumblar malware letter.

issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to provide the information sought; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gumblar malware letter.

Hi Lisha,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm sorry that you're alarmed following the receipt of a malware alert from our Internet Security team.

I'm afraid that we wouldn't usually have access to more detailed information about these kind of occurrences. Malware and other malicious or suspicious activity is flagged to our Internet Security team using a number of methods. If any issues are identified, you would be sent an alert in the form of an email or letter and an appropriate note would be added to your account. This note would only give generic information advising the type of alert that has been sent and advising agents to follow the standard process to resecure your connection/accounts.

The majority of information we have to support customers is the same as provided in the letter you have received or found on our Malware Alert page. This part of our site gives general information, but we do sometimes advise that you have been affected by a certain type of malware. If this is the case, you can find more details by following the relevant link in the Virgin Media Security Alerts section of our Security Hub.

I hope that this helps you to understand the nature of our contact and the steps you should follow to resolve this. If you have any further questions, please do let us know and we'll do all we can to assist.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos