cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goft ipad received but not expected - advice please?

Gary-C-1971
Joining in

Today I have received an unexpected parcel containing an Apple Ipad Pro. Parcel was addressed to myself at my usual address.

The parcel was delivered by Yodel, says it is from "GXO" in Wellingborough, it has a shipment ref no and a sender ref (O1899611) but the line saying Customer no. is blank. Inisde the box is a virgin media SIM

I do have an account with Virgin Media for broadband, TV and landline (but not mobile) but have not ordered an iPad.

The inside of the box lid contains information pertaining to this being a free gift, with link to Virgin's free gift FAQ page etc.

I had not received any e-mails or other communications stating that I would be receiving a free gift.

This is a complete mystery to me and I am obviously concerned that it is a scam - i.e. ordered by somebody who has hijacked my identity and I may later be billed for it.

I've logged into my Virgin account and nothing on there relating to this package and no evidence that the account has been hacked into either (as presumably if that was the case they would change the e-mail address on there, which is still my regular e-mail.)

How can I find out if this a genuine Virgin free gift?

I cannot find any live chat or e-mail contact anywhere on Virgin's website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to advise further; beware it can take them a few hours / days to respond, though usually the former — do not be tempted to act on request to forward on or return iPad unless certain communication is with Virgin Media.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to advise further; beware it can take them a few hours / days to respond, though usually the former — do not be tempted to act on request to forward on or return iPad unless certain communication is with Virgin Media.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gary-C-1971, welcome back to the community - thanks for posting and raising this to our attention!

Really sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the Ipad, this is understandable given the circumstances of its arrival. 

I can see that you have also made a secondary thread on this topic here 👉 Free gift iPad received but not expected - is this... - Virgin Media Community - 5211374 and have since gone into a PM conversation with my colleague Lee, who is offering further assistance. Just to avoid any confusion I will leave this in his capable hands. 

If there is anything else you need our support with please just let us know and we will do our best to help.  
All the best!

Molly