Menu
ShaziT
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Free Virgin Media gift

Hi,

Yesterday when i logged into the internet i kept being redirected to a Virgin message saying i won a free gift of Iphone 11 and made me make a payment of £1 to Nonstoptunes. was this genuine and will get the phone?

after i amde the payment it just took me back to making another payment so not sure if it actually went trhough.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Virgin Media gift

No its not genuine, you won't get the phone, might want to look at cancelling that card as there is no telling who you actually gave your CC details to

Also scan your system with MalwareBytes Anti Malware and consider potentially installing a popup/advert blocker in your browser

0 Kudos
ShaziT
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks, strange thing is i've never had that before it kept moving me to that page.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ShaziT wrote:

Great thanks, strange thing is i've never had that before it kept moving me to that page.

As already advised you must takes steps to secure your bank account/credit card account by informing them that you have fallen for this scam.  Otherwise you can expect to find a lot more than just £1 removed from your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos