Menu
Pedgey69
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Free Tv

Hi. I have recently had my tv/broadband/phone installed and when I signed up I was offered a free tv. I have received numerous emails saying my tv is ready for delivery. Today I have received a text message from Royal Mail saying I need to pay £2.99 for delivery of a package and then sends me to a link for a web address which is for www.royal-mail.to which I have researched and relates to being based in Tongo. This appears to be a scam. Has this happened to anyone else and has anyone who has received their free tv had to pay for delivery. Thankyou 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free Tv

The email claiming to be from Royal Mail is a scam - there was a lot of coverage across the media about these before Christmas - here is a link to one of many articles:

Royal Mail scam email: Customers urged to watch out for dangerous delivery scam - Cambridgeshire Liv...

This is unconnected to the VM reward you are waiting to receive.

Free Gifts with Virgin | Virgin Media

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free Tv

Hey Pedgey and sorry to hear about the offer confusion. Can you clarify whether the offer is from Virgin Media as Graham_A has mentioned, it doesn't sound like a Virgin Media one and we wouldn't direct you to Royal Mail. It can be a coincidence that you've received the scam texts but are actually waiting for a Virgin Media reward and please see the link Graham has linked as it's a different Team who looks after them.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos