cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent use of my details

Trosgol
Joining in

I had a text from Virgin Media to say my new kit arrives on 1 November 2022. I no longer have a Virgin account (for several years. This appears to be a genuine Virgin post as I've checked all the links so I am concerned someone has used my phone number to set up a bogus account.

8 REPLIES 8

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Trosgol, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are receiving such messages, have you received any account information/ emails also or just the text message? How many have you received? It sounds like they have have inputted the number incorrectly. Please let me know? - Chris

I have only had the single email. If I get an email from Yodel on 1 November with the delivery slot, that may help solve the mystery.  Hopefully,  it is just someone inputting a wrong number as you say.

Paul Dicken 

Thanks for coming back to us Trosgol. 

I can look into this further if you'd like to do so or we could wait till 1st November, this is entirely up to you.

If you do wish me to take a further look, please let me know and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Please investigate with the little evidence you have. I was only suggesting 1 Nov because it may help further. Still, if you can search with just a phone number, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Trosgol

Hi Trosgol, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We can try and trace the account using the phone number but it isn't always successful. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Trosgol, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have been able to locate this in the system and have removed your number. You may still get a few pre-populated texts but they should stop now. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

You are a star!

Thanks so much

Trosgol

Hi Trosgol, 

It's no problem at all. If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Just pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team