Menu
HarveyBlitz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent broadband account

I left a property back in 2018, transferring ownership of my virgin media account to the new sole occupant at the address. I'd received no communication from VM since this time and had no accounts open on my credit file until late December 2020 when I started receiving daily phone calls from VM, to say "my account" was in arrears and services will be stopped unless payment made, I explained that I hadn't lived at the address for over 2 years and that ownership was transferred. I then had the phone put down on me and continued to receive these calls for a few days after.

I've since made contact a number of times myself and I'm unable to pass security checks, as the answers I cannot answer as they are not mine! I'm now again receiving calls and texts from collections departments to take payment, which is now escalating and is in excess of £170! This is now on my credit file as a debt.

How is it possible that an account was opened in my name at a property I don't live at? I haven't had any financial ties to VM since 2018, so why now am I being asked to pay for a debt owed for services I haven't received on an account I don't own at an address I don't live at?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent broadband account

Hi HarveyBlitz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry to hear that there has been some issues with an account you used to have with us, I can appreciate you're keen to get to the bottom of things. 

We can certainly take a look at what's happened and take it from there. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
HarveyBlitz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would just like to thank Emma_C in particular, and the team, for helping to reach a conclusion to this problem, very helpful and a credit to the community. Very detailed communication and left no query unanswered, thank you, wish you all the best.

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad we were able to help get things sorted @HarveyBlitz 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team