Menu
Jo_123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent account in my name

Can anyone help please?!

I set up a virgin media Tv and broadband account in February, another account at a different address has also been set up using my name, email and bank details.

I have contacted virgin media numerous times as a direct debit was set up with my bank details and payments were taken, this has been rectified with my bank. However, I’m still receiving emails regarding an outstanding payment for this fraudulent account and I’ve been advised if I don’t pay this will affect my credit score which I’m concerned about as I have a mortgage etc

I have complained to virgin media but no one has contacted me back or seems to understand the severity of this account! I’ve asked my name to be completely removed from this account as I can’t have this causing detriment to my credit rating but nothing has been dealt with yet.

Does anyone have any advice?! Can anyone help?!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account in my name

Hello
Due to the nature of your query

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account in my name

Good morning @Jo_123 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with more than one account being set up in your name. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos