Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent account in my name

Hi,

I hope someone is able to help. 

I appear to have had a fraudulent account setup in my name. 
I came to be aware of this when a debt collection agency acting on Virgin Medias behalf traced this to myself due to it being in arrears. 
They provided me with a statement of the account which shows an address which isn’t mine and never has been. 

Upon contacting the debt collection firm, they have told me Virgin Media have withdrawn the account from there system and I have to contact Virgin Media directly.

This account has hit my credit file and is marked as defaulted so is trashing my credit score.

I have tried phoning the customer service number but I’m not able to get through due to not having the password to the account. I found a number for the collections team online, but they just hung up on me twice.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can go about getting this resolved or even getting someone to listen to me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account in my name

See this similar email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account in my name

Hi CDeans,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of this and want to help you look into this. I'll go ahead and send you a PM to help you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos