Menu
charliescat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fraud

I telephoned on 29th Sept to cancel
My Services.

The person who answered the was extremely intrusive as to why I wanted to leave. I said to him to be honest, I’m not really happy with the service and the way you’re treating me now is just validating even more for me, he really wasn’t happy with that and he really was aggravated with me. I asked him to stop questioning me and that I did not need to give him a reason  I wasn’t rude or anything like that I was just taken aback by the way he was being with me.

So we went through the call and he was continuing rather unpleasant to me, l I was told my services would end on 29th October, I finished the call and within seconds ALL of my services went off. 

So I had to call back to find out what happened was a ‘technical error’ and that she needed to ‘send some signals’ to my box. This took around an hour with me constantly switching on and off services, then they all came back on.

I said to the person on the telephone it’s a little suspicious that within seconds of me hanging up from a real horrible telephone call that all of my services have gone off? I told the lady on the phone that I believe this was vindictive and I could not see any other reason why my services would’ve gone off unless this person had switch them off.

She said she was going to raise a complaint for me and get this looked into further and I haven’t heard anything since.

Today. I sign into my account, to find a bill for £95! 

Then I investigate a little further to find a new contract been taken out without my permission, which is FRAUD.
I did NOT authorise a contract to be taken out. Why would I? I’m leaving?

This is really poor and really worrying that this has happened. I feel all my personal data is now compromised. 

I can’t get through to virgin media, it seems once you tell them you’re leaving nobody wants to know anymore. This is why after 20 years I am leaving. I am absolutely shocked that this has happened, can anyone please help me?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud

have flagged this hopefully for a quick reply

Tony
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @charliescat 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience, this is far below the level of expectation that we aim to provide, 

I would like to take a further look into this for you, I will drop you a PM to get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

charliescat
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I sent you a message yesterday. Have you received this? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @charliescat 

I have received the PM, I will respond ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience. 

Kind regards.

Zak_M 

charliescat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. Unfortunately I’ve still not had a response. I’ve tried to get through on the telephone too, but to no avail. 

Can you help me at all? 

Thanks, Donna. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in response Zak is currently out of office but your message has been assigned to another agent who will respond to your private message soon regarding this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
charliescat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me if somebody is going to reply to me please? 

0 Kudos
charliescat
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Or point me in the right direction. I’ve been passed from pillar to post. I’ve been trying to sort this out since September. 
I’ve been on this site for the last 10 days trying to sort it out.

Nobody wants to help me, or they start helping me and then they just blank me. Genuinely have never experienced this before for such a huge company.

It’s like trying to get blood out of a stone and I’m extremely frustrated.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have re-escalated this to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos