Menu
SickofWaiting
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fraud and identity theft problem with Virgin Media

Hi,

Someone else fraudulently opened an account in my name back in May and I reported it right away to VM. Since then they have appeared to do nothing to resolve it - I have called back twice to get an update and each time they haven't been able to inform me of any progress.

In the meantime, I am still receiving final payment demands for the account and my credit score is shot to sh*t with 4 defaults.

Has anyone else experienced this with Virgin Media??

I am so stressed about it - I have reported it to ActionFraud who have given me a reference number, I also have a fraud reference number that VM gave me initially, although what use this is, I do not know.

Equifax have said they can't do anything about the credit score until it's resolved by the lender. In the mean time I can't get credit for the new car I need!

Why should it take to long to deal with, once I have reported it as fraud?! It's affecting so many other things.

Advice from anyone who's been in the same boat would be great! 🙂

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud and identity theft problem with Virgin Media

I've not been in the same position myself but post #5 in this thread may provide you with some relevant information you can use to your benefit:-
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Credit-file-amend/m-p/4246420#M251...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon SickofWaiting,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused by this

I'll seek to investigate this further for you. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards

David

0 Kudos
SickofWaiting
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that's helpful!!

0 Kudos