cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fishing E-mail??

Ratbiter
Joining in

I've not requested a password reset but have received this E-mail (See Below).  If it is genuine how are we as customers suppose to know?  So I'll not click on any link within the E-mail to report I have not requested a password reset etc.  What you should ask is for us not to click on any links and to login to our accounts online to report if we have requested a password reset etc and if we are unable to login to visit the webpage where we can see a number to call you or to forward the E-mail onto you. 

There are a few reasons why I belief the E-mail is a fake and hackers want me to follow the link.  But I can see no easy way to report this via the Webpage.

Hello DAVID,

We've received a request to reset your password for your My Virgin Media account. If you made this request, click below to choose a new password.

Reset your password

If you haven't tried to reset the password for your My Virgin Media account and this wasn't you, please contact us.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you view the email from a desktop or laptop device and hover your pointer over the links are they pointing towards www.virginmedia.com? If so then the email is likely to be legit and raises concern about how someone was able to initiate the reset.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks