Menu
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 21 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally had it with Virgin(I sound like a broken record)

Well, I just had a telephone call from Virgin regarding this problem. It seems that the technical wizards there have discovered that my problem isn't Virgins and that it is the Halifax banks. I asked if that meant that the problem with Tesco and Nat West banks were also the relative banks problems too but she couldn't answer that directly. I also asked how come I can access them on anything other than Virgin Media internet and she started to get a bit, shall we say, short? So, Virgin Media technical support would try have me believe that all of a sudden there is an outage to explain why there are more than one bank site I am having problems. But still, the original site, the Halifax whom I rang, is the cause of the problem. Awe c'mon! Ever heard a drowning man? They can't figure it out so deny it is anything to do with them. Hell, what can the customer do? Then she has the front to ask, "Would you like me to close the ticket down as resolved?" NO! It isn't resolved. Before this bloody new router, I could do my internet banking but now I can't. Although it was very hit and miss as to whether I would have a connection, hence the new router. Now Virgin want to wash their hands of the problem by saying it's the bank and the bank say it's your provider. Gosh, I'm going dizzy with deja vu here. I know I've been here before but so long ago I can't quite pin it down.

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 22 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

I just found another site that is having problems because it can't possibly be anything to do with Virgin Media that I'm having problems,2020-01-11 (1).png

That's not Halifax, Tesco or Nat West but it is using Virgin Media broadband.

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 23 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Yet again, Virgin Media have rang to tell me what they said yesterday, that

'Surely this problem is not of Virgin Media but they can put me through to Gadget Rescue who will surely be able to help. This is a chargeable service and I will be charged if they succeed in resolving this issue but not if they can't.' I declined and asked them to explain how it is that if it isn't Virgin Media, how is it I can connect any other way but by using my broadband, which is supplied by Virgin Media? Again, no answer but they would like to close the ticket down as resolved if I would like. NO it's still not resolved and is ongoing. How about I get an independent company in, to check and see if it is mine, the web sites or Virgin Medias fault? Then if it is Virgins fault they re-imburse me the cost?  Before I do that, I will summarise what we have checked and found before, again.

Browsers used - Microsoft Edge WIn 10. Google Chrome (Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Laptop, Netbook and Android Smart phone.

With and without Firewall turned on.

My Wifi and Wired connection and Mobile 3G/4G Data.

Site urls tried-https://www.halifax-online.co.uk/sorry/pages/error.html?errorCode%3d44810347

-https://identity.tescobank.com/login

-https://personal.natwest.com/personal.html

and now this -https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/tr0546962374

Here's the results. Laptop both browsers wifi and cable 

Failed failed failed and failed again on every attempt except Mobile android 3G/4G. Please see the screenshots attached.2020-01-11 Halifax.png2020-01-11 NatWest.png2020-01-11 Tesco.png2020-01-11 moneysaver.png

We also did several tracerts, results as follows-

2020-01-11 BBC tracert.png2020-01-11 Halifax tracert.png2020-01-11 Moneysaver tracert.png2020-01-11Tesco bank tracert.png2020-01-11 Natwest tracert.png

So, after this last call and the annoyance factor of it, I had another epiphany, yes that's two, well one and an apparition. I checked my phone to see if I was able to create a hotspot using it and to connect my laptop to that hotspot. So, I trurned the Wifi off my phone and turned on hotspot. Checked and I had a 4G signal. I then disconnected my laptop from my Virgin Media Wifi and connected my laptop to the hotspot. Here's the results

2020-01-11 Hotspot Halifax.png2020-01-11 Hotspot Moneysaver.png2020-01-11 Hotspot NatWest.png2020-01-11 Hotspot Tesco Bank.png

Anyone notice something? They all work and the difference is? I turned off Virgin and used my phone as a hotspot. But it's still not Virgin causing this. Please note the time, date and Urls Virgin. Now can you please explain how it is not Virgins fault and that of the Halifax and the other web sites? Also, please stop this women who rings up from telling me the same thing daily and asking me to close the ticket down as resolved. It borders on harassment at worst and profiteering at the best. (I don't suppose she could have shares in Gadget Rescue could she?). Just asking 😇

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 76
Flag for a moderator

If you log in to the router settings page, is there any websites listed as blocked?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 25 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I'll have a quick look but it's a new router from Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 27 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Can't see anything but I aren't sure exactly where to look, suggestion please?
0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 28 of 76
Flag for a moderator

My hub has become unresponsive and nothing is working. I can't change page or scroll. I'm going to try log out, nope, had to close the tab down. FYI I could go to any of the other tabs and they worked ok.
0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 29 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Got it back.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the websites in question that you were struggling with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos