Menu
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 11 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finally had it with Virgin(I sound like a broken record)

Update. I rang to cancel my service. I also told them that doesn't mean they can ignore this problem and expect me to still pay for the service. Anyway, we have tried different browsers different banks and with and without my firewall on, on two different computers and an Android phone. The only one that works is the Android phone when it's wifi is turned off and it uses the mobile data. The time is now 12.00 noon and still no further on. We have reset the router, Google Chrome(all those lovely login cookies gone) and I even restarted my computer. I'm now waiting on a call back from one of their support people with the heavy accent on a rather poor quality line.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi deckhandave, 

Thank you for your replies and keeping us updated. 

I am sorry to hear you are now experiencing this issues with your phone and accessing your banking app.  

I see a member of the team is due to call you back so please keep us updated on what they advise. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 13 of 76
Flag for a moderator

The time and date is now 13.18 on 09/01/2020 and it is still nowhere near being resolved. We have tried Nat West, Halifax and Tesco, we have used Edge and Chrome. We have done all with and without firewall on. We have tried Wifi and wired. We have done tracert on all three banks with the same sort of results both on Wifi and cable connected. They are now going to ring me back, initially in 24hrs but the girl is going to try and get that done quicker. Meanwhile, I am going to go to a little girls home whose birthday it is and will be happy to see me. I need cheering up but on the way there I am going to go see an exorcist to see if I can get my Virgin demon exorcised.

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 14 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I just had an epiphany! Ok, more of a vision. An angel appeared and said unto me, remember years and years ago when the world was a kinder place and unicorns roamed freely? Sometimes allocated IPs were on blacklists and that affected your ability to browse certain websites. Well!  I checked to see if my ip was on a blacklist as it seems as though Virgin like to allocate them (ips that is, not necessarily blacklisted ones). I waddled across to whatismyipaddress.com and checked it against their blacklist, this is what I found, it's blacklisted on five lists. They are as follows,

b.barracudacentral.org

dnsbl.spfbl.net

dnsbl.sorbs.net

dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

cbl.abuseat.org

Now I can't remember how long ago it was since this spectre rose it's ugly head, maybe back when it was NTL  and it might not have anything to do with it at all but to me, it's suspicious. So I thought I'd post the information on here for Virgins information. 

0 Kudos
jordanshelley97
Joining in
Message 15 of 76
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue with the banking stuff and yeah disconnecting from WiFi will fix it, because it seems to be an IP issue. My guess was an IP blacklist too because it works on mobile data or if I use a VPN

Those blacklists that you mentioned though are usually more about email spam, I know my IP has been on some of them for ages (including 3 of the ones you mentioned) after checking out of curiosity years ago, but this problem with the banking stuff has only started in the last couple of days

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 16 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same as with me. Did you start getting Gateway 504 errors on and off first before you noticed the banking problem?
0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 17 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, time is now 16.32on 10/01/2020. How many hours is 24 hours or even quicker? I thought it was like the same time the next day but that can't be. It would mean Virgin Media didn't keep it's word. They wouldn't do that would they? Nah! I must have become deaf when they rang because even if they hadn't resolved it, they would ring out of courtesy and give a paying customer an update. So now I have to get an audiology appointment to diagnose my selective deafness problem too! Life is cruel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening,

Have you been able to speak to our team since your most recent post?

If you still need assistance do feel free to come back to us and either myself or a colleague will pick this up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
deckhanddave
Dialled in
Message 19 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've rang then and been on the phone for over an hour in total. I found that the woman yesterday didn't log my notice of termination so did that again tonight and complained about it. As for my ongoing problems, after 30+ minutes on hold I got told by the latest agent that there is an outage that is causing my problem. W HAT????? I asked him why didn't they tell me that yesterday instead of saying "We are not showing any outages in your area". Of course he couldn't answer that. I don't know what to believe now. The woman lied when she said they would ring back in less than 24 hours so which is the lie now, There is an outage or there isn't an outage? Is there any wonder I am sick to the teeth of Virgin. I feel sorry for each and every employee because if this is how they treat customers God knows how bad they treat employees. Anyway, if anyone on here would like to confirm or decry that outage info, please do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the experience you've had with our team over the phone deckhanddave.

I would like to have a look at your account to see what has happened so I'll pop you a private message now so we can pass security.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos