Menu
Hudsonic
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Fake calls regarding faulty router.

Hi, just had a call from someone claiming they are from VM stating my router is sending errors to their servers.

I hung up the call as it sounded fake, and the caller was of Indian accent.

The number showing on my phone was 07909 252103.

Has anyone else had this..?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fake calls regarding faulty router.

@Hudsonic wrote:

Hi, just had a call from someone claiming they are from VM stating my router is sending errors to their servers.

I hung up the call as it sounded fake, and the caller was of Indian accent.

Has anyone else had this..?

Thanks

you will never receive an unsolicited call from virgin about support issues by phone. it's a scam. 

coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fake calls regarding faulty router.

@Hudsonic wrote:.

And just to add to the great advice tehwolf has given, the number you see in caller display on your phone can never be relied on. It almost certainly belongs to a completely innocent individual who is totally unaware their number appears to be being used by scammers.

Scammers always spoof (fake) the number that appears in caller display and they change the number regularly. Partly to hide their tracks but also to avoid being blocked.

When they call again, and you can be assured they will 😕, it will appear to be from a completely different number.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer