cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD - No help

molliewheeler80
Joining in

After confirming my contract on the 9th March and being a LIVE customer for only 5 days, my contract has been changed from £39.50 a month to £122.30....

I called up today at 12:03 to advise of a service outage for my broadband, the call lasted 13 minutes where I was on hold for 10 of those minutes and was told I would be being sent a pod to help with the outages. Later that night I received an email to advise my changes had gone through and my contract had now changed to £122.30 a month, HOW?! 

I have today been on the phone since 16:10 until 19:45 where I have spoken to 8 people who can't help me. Catherine (supervisor) advised me she could see that changes had been made at 12:37 from a call but couldn't confirm who did it and why or the number used. I asked for the call to be listened to however she said they arent recorded so couldnt see who called at that time. She told me she couldn't see which agent amended it however would feedback to the supervisor of the person who amended it, however for security couldn't tell me who. When asked why was my security not taken into consideration when my package was amended surprisingly she had nothing to say.I explained I hadn't called to bargain with her but infact revert back to the original package I agreed however the best she could do was offering me my original package at a cost of £55. She wouldn't put me through to her manager as she didn't have one, but she wasn't the top supervisor in the centre...doesn't quite add up!

I then spoke with Ryan and Si in tier 1 retentions who advised a call had been made at 12:37 to change, I explained this wasn't me. Both agents spoke with their managers and confirmed this would be fraudulent activity and they would log a fraud letter and put me through to tier 2 retentions to revert my package no problem.

I spoke with jenny in tier 2 who told me she couldn't revert my package as I agreed the changes. I explained she needed to read through the notes but couldn't understand and said she couldn't do it. Again can only offer me my original deal for £55. No evidence provided to show I've changed it even though I have evidence my end.

After 3 and a half hours I've given up. 

I am due to be charged 3 times my original agreement after only 5 days with you. The customer service has been appalling and I'm ready to take my 14 day cooling off period and go back to SKY. 

I am in need of urgent assistance as my personal details have been corrupted, GDPR ignored and in extreme breach of my contract. After reading these comments it would appear virgin is very well known for fraud and adding on packages. 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

Cancel by signed for letter, the address is in the link below :

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

@Client62 wrote:

Cancel by signed for letter, the address is in the link below :

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Indeed, yes, just cancel NOW, and go back to Sky, as you have apparently received a textbook example of VM’s broken and dysfunctional customer service provision.

‘Catherine’ doesn’t have a supervisor or manager? Really? What, is she the CEO of the company then?

You have been simply lied to from end to end, so yes, get out NOW, because it won’t get any better!

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Molliewheeler80 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

So sorry to hear about your recent experience after joining us, and your difficulties trying to get this sorted by phone. Our sincerest apologies that this has happened! 

In order to investigate and offer further support with this, we will need to take a look at the account. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details, and clear security so we can offer further support. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. 
Thank you for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly