Menu
YvonneG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

External loose cables

There are loose cables at front of house that needs to be removed. Children in the street are playing with it. Please can it be removed. This is the second time on reporting this in the last couple of months. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: External loose cables

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry this is your second time bringing this to our attention. 

Could you take a picture of the cables and post them here please? I can then identify which team will be able to get this sorted.

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
YvonneG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

20200708_103902.jpg

0 Kudos
YvonneG
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I hope you were able to view the picture I uploaded. The bundle of cables run from under the public footpath and onto my drive. They are not connected to my house. They are loose and exposed. Parts of the cable are covered in a green plastic cable cover. My driveway is open and as I have already said, children are playing with it. I don't want to touch the cables in case they are live. I have asked the local children not to touch them. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that picture and information. 

Just to confirm do you have services with ourselves?

^Martin

0 Kudos
YvonneG
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin. I was informed yesterday that a photo would be sufficient to allocate a team for it's removal. Can you please ensure this is done. The cables are a hazzard. I do not understand why you are asking if I'm on your service. It's irrelevant. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Due to the location of the cables we need to arrange an engineer to get this resolved. Having this information does help us to resolve this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
YvonneG
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the only information you need is my address. There is no account. Please provide a secure way for me to upload such details so your engineers can remove the cables. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I will private message you so you can provide those details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hopefully you will get this resolved quickly - if not a word in someones ear at your local council might do something if you shout health and safety

VM are not good at removing such things as you have found out - they are not live so you can tidy them up in the short/long term

Tony