Menu
paulwb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

External broken junction box

The green external junction box outside my flat has the door completely off, it has been like this for a year now, I keep ringing up but all I get is different departments and no one has a clue now the cables are hanging out and everything is loose inside the box, last time someone tampered with the wire with resulting no broadband for two days I need to know to resolve this and it seems I am not the only one

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: External broken junction box

@paulwb wrote:

The green external junction box outside my flat has the door completely off, it has been like this for a year now, I keep ringing up but all I get is different departments and no one has a clue now the cables are hanging out and everything is loose inside the box, last time someone tampered with the wire with resulting no broadband for two days I need to know to resolve this and it seems I am not the only one

Virgin Media's preferred method of reporting such issues is via this link:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paulwb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to report damage to street equipment

The junction box is opposite 9 Station Parade,Northolt Road. South Harrow HA2 8HB. You can clearly see the door is broken and is not attached and the wires exposed 

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulwb,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with the damaged cabinet looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

If you have already gone ahead and used the link @Graham_A provided then that's perfect 🙂

If you haven't done this yet and would like me to take care of this, could you please post a picture of the damaged cabinet and I will get it reported to the team using your info on your forum profile for the address 🙂 You may need to post the picture on a PC/laptop instead of through your phone.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
paulwb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

20210729_141038.jpg

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulwb, 

Thanks for sending that over for me, I'll get it reported now 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
paulwb
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

broken junction box

I am sick to death of the poor customer service attitude in reference to the broken junction box outside, I have reported the issue three times, this has been going on for over a year, It is not my job to contact an engineer, it is the job of customer service to do this, I have complain, but all I get is poor replies, stop blaming Covid for your poor customer service, if the box gets damaged anymore then I will simply cancel my Virgin. How hard is it for someone to deal with this. I won't hold my breath

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: broken junction box

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear this is ongoing, paulwb,  I'll get this chased up with the cabinet team.

cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
paulwb
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nearly three months and nothing has been done, useless

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paulwb,

Thank your for coming back to us about this ongoing Cabinet issue. I have contacted the responsible team for an update on this, as this should have been resolved by now. 

Apologies that this is still an ongoing issue. I have contacted the team and will update the thread as soon as I have a response.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos