cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails hacked?

narl
Tuning in

 so I got this email this morning from me to me. 
I know it is a scam email although the thing which is weird is the darn thing had my email address password which was correct, I’ve now changed the password. 
It states I’ve to send X amount of $ to stop my information being released etc. 

Looking at the last few days I have been getting emails from Facebook for password resets, I disabled my Facebook account a few years ago and have not went back on it since. 

IMG_3824.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the password quoted in the extortion email was current then consider following the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help; if the password was reused elsewhere then consider changing it to a unique password.

FYI given their modus operandi it is of no surprise to read the miscreants are attempting to compromise other service via the email address.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

se-1
Joining in

ive had this exact same email, word for word!

Hi @se-1 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've also had this email.

We would recommend resetting your passwords to something unique and secure, if you believe your mailbox could have been hacked and we also have some info here 

You may find our tips on how to protect yourself from scams here

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs