Menu
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Email

I am getting emails claiming to be VM saying there is a problem with my payments - I am forwarding these emails to phishing@virginmedia.com but they keep bouncing back with a message saying Delivery Failure.  Can someone advise why this is happening or give me the correct email address to send these emails to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

@BMW53 wrote:

Can someone advise why this is happening or give me the correct email address to send these emails to.

I can only quote what Virgin Media say in this link  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/what-is-phishing 

In the section "How can I report Phishing emails....." they say:

"If after forwarding a suspected phishing email you receive a ‘Spam Content Found’ message from us, then we're already aware of the email and have taken steps to ensure the email is blocked on our Virgin Media Mail platform."

Make of that what you will. 🤔

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @BMW53

Thanks for your post - sorry that you're getting some phishing emails about your bill.

As our user @coenoby has advised above, when you forward the phishing email to us at phishing@virginmedia.com you may get a spam warning message - this means that we are already aware. 

We also have a dedicated Forum page which updates with all known phishing attempts - have a check to see if your email example is already listed

Security Matters - Phishing

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there @BMW53

As our user @coenoby has advised above, when you forward the phishing email to us at phishing@virginmedia.com you may get a spam warning message - this means that we are already aware. 

Hi Katie,

BMW53 is by no means the first to raise this question and the suspicion has to be that when VM say they have "taken steps to ensure the email is blocked on our Virgin Media Mail platform" it just means that the outgoing spam filters have been updated to prevent VM email users from sending the message. 

Can you clarify this and confirm that the block has also been applied to the incoming filters so that VM  email users will no longer receive the message? That is the most important thing surely? 😕

Thanks in advance

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, however I am getting the email I am forwarding bounced back to me practically saying that the email address I am using - phishing@virginmedia.com is unknown??? because it is coming from their server saying 'delivery failure'.
Highlighted
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I have read what it says on the VM website, but doesn't tell me why the email I am trying to forward onto them bounces back with 'delivery failure' indicating the email address phishing@virginmedia.com is not correct.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the link I provided to see if the phishing email is already listed? 

There should be no issues with emailing the phishing@virginmedia.com email address

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Exactly my point, even if VM are aware of the scam email, shouldn't they also be interested in where the scam email is being sent from?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BMW53 wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I have read what it says on the VM website, but doesn't tell me why the email I am trying to forward onto them bounces back with 'delivery failure' indicating the email address phishing@virginmedia.com is not correct.

I sent a test message to phishing@virginmedia.com about 5 minutes ago.

I have just received their automated reply thanking me for the contacting  them so it would seem the address and mailbox are working.

Coenoby.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BMW53
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I will carefully cut and paste the above address and try it again.
0 Kudos