Menu
AMY2207
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email re security

Had an email today re security/scam. Part of the email read as :-

Virgin Media will never contact you for sensitive personal info like passwords, bank details, or other personal security info. When we first talk to you, we’ll ask you to confirm you’re the account holder and for 3 random characters of your account password. If you don’t have a password on your account, or you can’t provide the 3 random password characters, we’ll ask for you to answer a general security question and two financially related security questions. This might then include asking you to confirm your bank sort code..

Just want to say if you have contacted me you know who I am.  I will never give any random security characters as you could ring a few times to get all of my password.  I would never ever give even random sort code numbers!!!  So you if you want to speak to me you can  but I'll not give you any of these details etc...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email re security

you shouldn't give any details. But VM also can't talk to you unless you confirm who you are.
So VM can't contact you for anything that would break GDPR
AMY2207
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email re security

They can ask me my name. They have contacted me, so I won't be giving them any info.  If they want to speak to me about anything they can via email. 😁

0 Kudos