Menu
dazareth83
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked

My E-mail was hacked my attempts to delete the account have not work.I am being bombarded with phishing e-mails and change in various accounts notifications!!

Because I am no longer a virgin customer and have got no where on the phone what should I do next???

many thanks 

dazareth83

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked

You have come to the right place dazareth83.

The mailbox should have been closed and deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer. But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!)

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the mailbox deleted manually. The Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few hours (or days?) and then take your personal details by private message. Best wishes to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazareth83,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I do apologise that your account has been compromised and you've been unable to have this removed.

As MissPasko has said, we're more than happy to raise this with our IT team for deletion. I'll send you a private message now to clear security on your old account, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to add this advice:

When they say it is deleted, you can verify the mailbox is gone by running the email address(es) through mailtester.com.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for joining me for a private message, dazareth83 🙂

Our IT team are really on the ball today and have already removed this account for you. I've confirmed this via mailtester, but you're welcome to do the same yourself.

Please do give us a shout if there's anything further we can help with.

Rachael

dazareth83
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help have a great day!!

Darren