Menu
GraemeSmith
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked and locked

Hi, my email has been hacked, and now has had the password and security question changed, so I have no way of getting back in.  One of you colleagues said on Twitter you could help me here.

Thanks

Graeme

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked and locked

Follow the instructions here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
GraemeSmith
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately as they have changed my password and security question I cannot follow this process.  I cannot change my password without the security question answer.  I need someone from virgin media to confirm who I am, and give me control of my account back.  I have been directed to this help page a few times, but it simply cannot help me, as things stand.

It’s very frustrating.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@GraemeSmith wrote:

It’s very frustrating.

I can understand that.

Just so you are aware, This forum is a "community" forum so in most cases the first responders are VM customers such as Sololobo and myself. We can often help people to resolve their issues without any intervention from VM but clearly, that is not possible in your case.

However, don't worry, help is on its way.

The forum is supported by members of the Forum Team (VM employees) who can get issues like yours resolved. Often they can do it themselves but if not they refer it to the appropriate IT team within VM to resolve.

One of Forum Team will pick up your post in the next day or so and contact you via this thread. They will take your details securely via the forum private message (PM) facility. As you have intimated they will need to be able to confirm you are the actual account holder before they can recover your account from the hacker.

I hope that makes sense and that VM can get this sorted for you very soon.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @GraemeSmith

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email, I can appreciate this is not ideal at all. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get some account details for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Sorry didn't put this as private, I am sending it over to you now 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GraemeSmith
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks for chipping in, but this does seem to require virgin IT assistance.

thanks

0 Kudos