cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from virgin about malware

KatCo
Joining in

Good morning,

I had an email early hours this morning saying I have malware on a device. I have avast and malware bytes and have scanned everything connected and it cant find any malware. This is the email I received. 

Your Virgin Media Account number: 12 - XXXXX

Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F010204582

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

Dear Miss X,

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

a. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software

b. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes.

Please ensure that the above points have been completed to prevent your mailbox from being locked again.

More help and support

For extra advice, or to double-check that this is a genuine Virgin Media communication, head to our community at virginmedia.com/community, click 'Help forum' and join the conversation on the Security Matters board.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KatCo,

A warm welcome to our community and thanks for posting on our forums. This is a genuine email from us to advise that your email account has been locked.

Have you followed the instructions on the email and reset your password using an obscure one that you have never used before?

For more information about this issue please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/login-problems

Please follow the instructions as advised. 

If you still require further assistance, please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi.