cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Virgin media

m00g
Superfast

Ok so I receive an email from the Virgin Media Towers on 21st May 2022, it outlines "A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware"

Oh thats good of you letting me know this so i thought best have a look here and see what it possibly could be. I have checked some sixty plus devices in my home that can and do connect to my network set up and Im afraid to say I can find NOTHING, nada, no malware anywhere.

I have also checked ALL mailboxes associated with my account and they are all working perfectly fine, i.e. no loss of access.

So here is my request, please furnish me with more specific detail as to which device and/or what you suspect the malware to be.

The reference YOU have quoted in email is: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-f009844869

I trust that should be sufficient for you to trace back in your systems/logs to furnish me with more specific information. I take my home network security very seriously but I am unable to check sixty plus devices every time you send such an email even though they are rare.

If you cannot provide this information may I request you stop sending these emails as some may get worried or, as in my case, waste their time trying to find the "suspected culprit"

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi m00g,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've not been able to find any further information off the back of this mail.

I've popped a few details over to our Internet Security team, if I need another further details from you I'll let you know, and will update you as soon as I have an answer.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

I've had an update from the security team m00g so I've popped you over a private message to discuss (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex_RM

apologies for delay, i have replied to your PM.