Menu
Murdy1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email about spam

I received a text message saying my account is locked as I have been sending spam to people.   I haven’t been sending spam so how can I check if this is a genuine message? 

0 Kudos
Nicholas_k
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email about spam

It’s a scam,just delete it.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Murdy1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks nickolas K

Appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Lucy_B
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Murdy1987, 

On occasion our Internet Security team may send you a text message if your account has been detected as sending Spam Emails. 

Could you confirm the Number this message came from and also the exact body of the text message?

We would advise to sign into your email account via Webmail and change your password, to something new and unique, for an additional security step. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To clarify the above you need to change the email password in My Virgin Media rather than in webmail.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks