Menu
Lizzie_G_22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Account Hacked

Hi - hope you can help.

I received a message telling me I had my facebook account locked, a security alert then came from Amazon so I checked my Ntlworld account and found it had all of my inbox deleted.

I have immediately changed my login password, run a malware scan and checked forwarding on the account has not been set up - but my assumption is that the deletion of my messages is to hide activity. Is it possible to recover my emails as it is concerning what may have been accessed or changed?

I'd be grateful for any help you can give me!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Account Hacked

no way to recover the emails if they are not in the deleted folder.

Assume everything linked to that account is compromised ad change every password,
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Account Hacked

Hi @Lizzie_G_22 

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here, 

sorry to hear you're having these issues and can only imagine how frustrating that could be. 

I can only recommend checking your deleted folder, but I assume, if you did get hacked, they would have deleted the emails from there as well. 

I also had this happen to me when I was studying, I actually downloaded a programme to get deleted emails back, but it all depends on what software and laptop/ device you have. I had a HP laptop so actually spoke to the manufacturers who told me how to get it back but even then it's not 100% guaranteed. 

I can appreciate it's very frustrating, but please do let me know, I can do my best to guide you 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos