Menu
jhbriggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email Account Compromised

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of my son. His email address appears to have been compromised.

He has tried changing his password but has been told that his mother's maiden name and DOB are not valid.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

JHB

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Account Compromised

Hi @jhbriggs,

Welcome to the Community Forums ! Thank you for your first post, and apologies for our delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that your Son's having some trouble with his Virgin email account. What happens when he tried to access his account? Does he receive an error message or something else?

Is the email account under under your name or under your Son's name? There's only so much we can do if the account is under his name, as we cannot help reset the password (if needed) without speaking to him directly.

Let us know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
jhbriggs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for replying.  I believe his account is under mine. When he tries to login he gets a message saying "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."  When he then selects the "Forgotten email or password" option and enters his security details it's rejected with the message "Please enter valid security details".

Kind regards,

John.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for coming back to me, no problem at all.

I will pop you over a private message so I can take some further details and look into the account for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos