cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail from O2 billing -Genuine or not?

smithi1
Joining in

Received 2 e-mails from O2 Billing with an HTML legiionpost75@gmail.com today, Subject:  Your Virgin Bill Is Ready (See Below).  Is this genuine?

Dear User

We emailed you last month to let you know about changes we are making to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. These changes are key steps towards creating what's next for our consumers, like you, while empowering them with transparency and controls over how and when their data is used.  

In order to continue to access your (VIRGIN MEDIA) Mail account, you will need to confirm and accept the Terms of Service. 

[MOD EDIT: WEB LINK REMOVED]

If you do not want the new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to apply to you, you will no longer be able to access your account from May 16th-2023. We also need a few moments of your time to explain how we manage your data and provide you with some choices in relation to the processing of that data.

Thanks.

Virgin Media

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Phishing. Don't do it.

The SSL certificate is for Godaddy rather than Virgin Media. The truest hallmark of a scammer. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Phishing. Don't do it.

The SSL certificate is for Godaddy rather than Virgin Media. The truest hallmark of a scammer. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@smithi1 wrote:

Received 2 e-mails from O2 Billing with an HTML legiionpost75@gmail.com today

Evidence enough that this email was not sent from either VM or O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks