Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgey e mail

crusha
On our wavelength

Tried to forward an  e mail to 

phishing@virginmedia.com

Won’t send-invalid address or rejected by server.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crusha wrote:

phishing@virginmedia.com

You email client is poorly reporting the reason the SMTP stated for not sending the email. Try signing into webmail and reporting from there; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

FYI: See posts by Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

ALF28
Super solver

The VM email is still very slow today- the VM email server may have issues? - (13.25- 5/12/22), has been like this for several hours or more.

I can confirm the same current issue of slow loading for email in webmail with my ntlworld.com email and have to reload the page to get the inbox etc to show, this was only showing folders at first. Also, I lost the trash folder for a while.

Also, the email page keeps failing to load messages with some folders.

This only affects email; the account page seems ok although a bit slow at times. My VM tv streaming was down in my area but now seems to be fixed but no confirm email yet.

Message displayed-

Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

I also had a black triangle with exclamation mark, and message "failed to load messages"

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@crusha wrote:

phishing@virginmedia.com

You email client is poorly reporting the reason the SMTP stated for not sending the email. Try signing into webmail and reporting from there; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

FYI: See posts by Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks