Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit Fraud

Twice this month a direct Debit has been presented and paid by our charities bank account despite our bank cancelling the first one on May 5th. There is nobody to speak to on a phone in virgin about the matter. We are not and have never been Virgin customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit Fraud

As you are not a VM customer the staff on the phone will probably not be able to help you as they typically only deal with VM customers.

Probably best to speak to your bank about this and see what measures they can put in place to protect your account or contact Action Fraud:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

@ModTeam Is there anything the forum team can do to help?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

We are not in the UK. The bank said you have to speak to Virgin Media as they are processing the direct debits

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@PAWSAnimalRescu wrote:

We are not in the UK. The bank said you have to speak to Virgin Media as they are processing the direct debits

Are you in Ireland?  This is a VM UK forum and staff here can only help with UK issues, if your issue is with VM Ireland accounts being set up fraudulently then you need to speak to them, they have a forum here:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PAWSAnimalRescu,

Sorry to hear about this direct debit issue. Without posting it on here as it's a public forum, do you have details of the direct debit and the references on there? Do you know whether it relates to Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile? Also have you received any correspondence from us such as emails? The more information you can give us, the better as it will enable us to investigate it.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

If a UK bank customer cancels a Direct Debit with their bank, and has proof of cancellation, it has nothing to do with VM. The bank would reject the transaction. If the bank debits your account, it’s in error, and you should take up the matter with them. The only person who can cancel a Direct Debit is the account holder, it cannot be cancelled by a third party like VM.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

The OP is unlikely to be a UK bank customer - the charity they represent is based in County Tipperary
Ireland

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

That link doesn't go to a live forum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have the Unique reference number and the OIN for both transactions

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to speak with your bank in regards to this? Cancel the direct debit and request an indemnity in regards to the payments taken?

Rob

0 Kudos