Menu
ramnathnayakpr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Did Virgin had a data breach?

I am moving in a few days, so had been trying to sign up for a second account (I need two connections at two addresses for a while). I did not place the order, just added to the cart and even got a reminder email this morning from Virgin.

But also got a phone call claiming to be from a Virgin local sales rep (07809 628101) who claims if I place order with him he can waive the connection fee and also give a deeper discount than what Virgin provides on the site.

Others have also reported similar calls from the same number: https://www.unknownphone.com/phone/03333434971

The guy has the address where I am moving to as well - which he could only have got from Virgin. Is this guy legit, or is this a scam by someone who has breached and got hold of Virgin data?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Did Virgin had a data breach?

Hi there

I'll take a look into this for you.

I will pop you a private message to take some details and I will try and investigate it for you. If needs be I can arrange another call back for you if its suspicious.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
ramnathnayakpr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can I contact VM support, there does not seem to be an option in the 150 menu

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you can hover over the Purple Envelope in the top right corner, I have sent a private message.

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos