Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Details of Data Breach....still waiting

I thought I would post on here before I fire off another letter of complaint.   Has anyone actually been informed of what personal data was released in the data breach earlier this year.

I made a specific GDPR request as soon as I was informed by Virgin Media that some of my personal information had been compromised  with the view to find out exactly what info was released.  Back in June I was sent full details of all information Virgin Media hold on me,  but not details of what was released.  Following numerous calls and a formal complaint, in August I spoke with someone,  I do have the name,  who stated he was a case manager for the exec team.  He promised to resolve the issue....that was 3 months ago.   I have tried ringing etc, but no progress.  

So question is....has anyone actually had conformation on what personal info was released, or should I carry on complaining.  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Details of Data Breach....still waiting

Consider discussing the issue with the ICO; with the aim of submitting a complaint to them.

FYI: TurgenSec observed the following headers in the data they found:

AccountUid, AccountNumber, AreaCode, AddressLine1, AddressLine2, AddressLine3, AddressLine4, AddressLine5, Channel, Title, FirstName, LastName, DateOfBirth, EmailAddress, MobileNumber, Postcode, AlternativeContactNumber, LostDateTime, ImeiNumber, DateTimeStamp, IpAddress, AcceptTerms, FriendsFirstName, FriendsLastName, FriendsEmail, FriendsContactNumber, MessageToFriend, IsEmailSent, PromoCode, DateTimeStamp, EmailAddress, Referrer, ProductHolding, TvTier, TelTier, BbTier, CellCode, CampaignCell, CampaignCode, OfferType, RegistrationState, DeviceType, SkyMoviesFlag, SkySportsFlag

[Source: TurgenSec — Virgin Media Disclosure Statement & Resources]

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos