cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged CATV manhole cover on pavement - DANGER

Margherita
Joining in

Hi

I want to report a collapsed CATV manhole cover that requires urgent attention.

It is located on the public pavement in front of 104 Shakespeare Road, SE24 0QQ, London. Virgin Media provides service to this address.

The CATV manhole cover has snapped in half for some time and it is a hazard to pedestrians, especially as people give space to each other for social distancing.

I have already reported this in the Digital Section three weeks ago, sending pictures, but nothing has happened yet, apart from someone has come to put a danger cone over it. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH! The cone gets moved CONSTANTLY by everyone who wants to secure a parking place, leaving the whole in the pavement.

Can you please send someone to change the cover?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have escalated this to the mod team, so you should get a response here shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Margherita,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have sent this back off to our network team again as an urgent matter.

We understand that you have already reported this on our other social media platforms already so we have sent a reminder across to the relevant team to advised it is of up most importance we get this manhole cover repaired as quickly as possible. 

Kind regards Jodi.