Menu
jaffas
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cold call

Hi, we've received 2 messages and a phone call from somebody claiming to be from BT interenet saying our broadband is about to be cut off because of a security issue. When we told them we're with Virgin they said BT are still the base level security for our braodband. We think it must be a scam, anyone else had this?

Steve

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cold call

Hello

Yep scam, Virginmedia has nothing at all too do with BT not even the base.

Have a look at the sticky posts at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security has been reported.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jaffas
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Mike, very helpful

Steve

0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've had these and you are asked to press 1 to talk to an engineer.

Do it, when they ring back, take the michael out of them, keep them on line and be insulting.

I do that and it becomes enjoyable.  We have a phone where we can block numbers which I do after I've had my fun.  It's something every household should have, it makes life a whole lot simpler and safer.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Bengie wrote:

I've had these and you are asked to press 1 to talk to an engineer.

Do it, when they ring back, take the michael out of them, keep them on line and be insulting.

I do that and it becomes enjoyable.  We have a phone where we can block numbers which I do after I've had my fun.  It's something every household should have, it makes life a whole lot simpler and safer.

Seeking to engage such miscreants in conversation can lead to more scam calls.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos