cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed my account but now my old ntlworld email has been hacked

dread61
Joining in

I moved to an area not covered by VM in March and closed my account. However, my old ntlworld,com email account was left running and has now been hacked. I am getting numerous password reset requests through it so I am trying to shut down all accounts that are registered using that email. The password has been changed so I cannot delete the account which is what I would prefer,

5 REPLIES 5

dread61
Joining in

Reading through the forum it looks as if there has been a major data breach in regards to ntlworld.com email accounts. Is Virgin taking any steps to remedy this? My address and password are being passed between criminals, I have had extortion emails, all accounts using that email have been taken over and there is seemingly nothing that I can do. I have head nothing from Virgin, I cannot even login to my account to register a complaint. The lack of support is frankly disgusting.

Hi @dread61 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you have since left us and your concerns with your email.

Just to confirm, has your account been closed for more than 90 days? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi. I moved house on March 2023 and my account was closed as we were moving to an area without VM service.

Thanks dread61,

So I can get a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message dread61,

I've raised this with our IT team, should be sorted in a few days,

Alex_Rm