cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Virgin Media& previously Virgin Email Account still online

TULIPSX
Joining in

I reluctantly closed my Virgin Media Account in June 2023 after 12 years. I really appreciated the service on signing up when it was possible to speak to a member of the team in person. Over the last 3 years the service deteriorated and the price increased. The only point at which I could have negotiated a better deal was when I had decided to leave Virgin Media. I then received unsolicited calls with such a hard sell to stay that I hung up on the caller.  

The closure process was the worst experience I have had with any company; this involved telephone calls to at least 10 members of staff over several weeks. Staff did not keep records of phone calls and gave conflicting and ofter untrue reasons for problems including the return of equipment.

I would advise anyone if possible to return equipment via an O2 shop as they are obviously part of Virgin Media. I was given a detailed receipt which was not available at the local small supermarket that does returns

Virgin Media's response to my complaints was an insult. 

I now discover that despite agreeing to do so Virgin Media staff have failed to remove a previously hacked email account which has been targeted by numerous scammers for many months. My main Virgin Media account remains live with personal contact details included. 

I have just received a letter from Virgin Media having raised security issues re the fact that accounts remain live. Will await developments. I am 71 and could have done without the crazy making experience of dealing with a company that fails to take responsibility for the way that their poor and expensive service impacts on loyal customers of all ages. 

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TULIPSX,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry to hear you had such a poor experience during your last few years of being a customer, and for the issues you have with your email account at present.

There should be no reason why we are not able to delete an email address. The only circumstance where we'd be unable to would be if your service account was still active and the email address in question was your primary email address. As this doesn't sound like the case here, I'll do my best to help you.

I've sent  you a PM so I can ask for further details.

Thank you

Beth