cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child websafe not working

daniellem2
Tuning in

Hello, for the second time within 2 months my websafe is not blocking adult content even though they are turned on. There is NO vpn, I have checked the link that virgin sends on here to check what AS name the router is on and it is virgin media. I have had an engineer out who was baffled and said none of his colleagues had heard of it too, he gave me a new hub which blocked them. Now a month later it is doing the exact same thing, whenever I am put through to virgin they just keep saying the same its turned on from their side so it should be working and it could be vpn, even though I know it isn't. I have been a customer for 12 years and wanting to leave after this. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Daniellem2, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Web Safe service looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Thanks for confirming that you do not have a VPN active, VPN's can be downloaded onto individual phones so please make sure you're scanning your family's phones to see if these have been downloaded at all.

I have a help link here which goes over information about Web Safe and how to use it/set it up 👉 Web Safe - Which may be helpful for you and others who have questions about Web Safe. 

I have taken a look at your services and cannot see any issues.
Can you let us know if all devices in your home can access adult content or is it just some devices?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello no not one device has a vpn on, i have checked the AS name and it is the virgin media settings, there is lots of forums with others stating the same that the child safe isnt blocking anything when it says it's turned on. Yes I've checked it's not just my phone and its the same across all of the devices. I know how to use websafe as I've always used it for my children and never had an issue until the last few months, I have rebooted the hub and like I mentioned in original post I had a new hub installed because of this problem, it worked and now all of a sudden it isn't again. There must be an issue from virgins side if others are also having this problem. Is there anything else that I could try? Don't want the hassle of getting another engineer out to refit another hub for it to happen again. Thank you 

Hi daniellem2

Thanks for coming back to us and for the additional information.

Child Safe is working correctly for the majority of customers, however what we can do is raise this issue with our IT Team for you. I'll drop you a private message so I can take your details and log this for you.

Thanks!

Beth