cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe

Dean_Lindson
Tuning in

Hi there,  VM community

I am trying to block some gaming websites to disallow access for our kids using Virgin's Child Safe.  I do not want to block all game sites,  just selected ones. 

I tried using the "Blocked Websites" feature to add websites that we always want Child Safe to block access to. However,  it is not actually blocking the sites we entered. 

The settings are saved and I have rebooted the Virgin Media Hub. We do not use any VPN and I have checked that our AS is "Virgin Media".

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks

Dean

12 REPLIES 12

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dean_Lindson, thanks for all the posts and replies and for updating the thread.

Glad to see it has worked now and you're able to block most of the pages you wish, however we'll take your feedback regarding the pages including a dash as this seems somewhat odd and we'd need to have a look into it.

Can you tell us more or post a screenshot with the error you're getting when trying to use such an address to block?

Also, please visit this link here where we provide all useful info about Child Safe feature and how to manage your settings etc.

Usually, it's best to either copy and paste the address in the field or make the changes via your hub settings page (more on how to access your hub settings can be found on this link - bottom of page).

If none of the above works, we can assist by blocking the pages on this end so not to worry if so.

Just let us know how you get on and if you need our assistance, we'll be here to support you where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Adri_G

Here is the screenshot (below) that shows that Child safe doesn't seem to accept the blocking of websites with a "-" (dash) in the name. 

Screenshot_20230606_161930_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Thanks @Dean_Lindson 

We've sent this through to the internet security team for their perusal. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill