cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

stephenchshum
Tuning in

Child safe is on under account settings -> online security.  However, those adults sites are not blocked.

7 REPLIES 7

stephenchshum
Tuning in

Child safe is on under account settings -> online security.  However, adult sites are not blocked.  Tried turn off and in again but didn't help.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go to https://1.1.1.1/help what value is shown for AS Name? If it is not Virgin Media then review DNS settings on:

• Wi-Fi router if not using Virgin Media's Hub
  • device

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I am also having this issue. I have clicked on the link you have provided and the AS name is Virgin Media.... I have reported as an issue to VM but it seems like I'm not the only one! Do you have any idea how to fix this?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably the Child Safe issue can only be resolve by Virgin Media but a temporary workaround is to use an alternative DNS that provides similar or better protections, for example:

Hi, I contacted VM twice.  The 1st reply was to wait 24-48 hours. The 2nd one again was to wait but they gave me a reference number to follow up with their IT team.  While I was thinking to call again, suddenly it worked the next day morning. Good luck.

Hi @stephenchshum 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the delay in responding, We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that it is now working for you, this is a fully secure channel as I am a member of the forum team and we use this method as a way to communicate with our customers. If you wish to leave the status of the service the way it is, I am more than happy to do so. 

Should you wish for further assistance by all means come back to us and we can complete Data Protection. 

Sabrina